Recipe: Low Fat Silky Eggs (Serves: 2, Prep Time 5 min, Cook time 8 min)
-2 large eggs
-400ml of Skim Milk/Substitute lactose-free milk if lactose-intolerant
-5 tsp of sweetener
-2 tsp Ginger powder (optional)
You will also need:
-1 pot tall enough to fit the mugs
1) Beat eggs, milk, and sweetener in a bowl until slightly frothy. If using lactose-free milk, which has some natural sweetness to it, use 4tsp of sweetener instead.
Tip: If you enjoy the taste of ginger, add 2 tsp of ginger powder in this step to give it a little zing.
2) Split the mixture evenly between the two mugs filling to approximately 1/2-3/4" from the edge.
3) Boil ~1" of water in the pot.
4) When boiled, set the two mugs in and put the pot lid on. Let boil for 8 minutes.
5) Allow to cool slightly before attempting to remove the mugs from the pot. The mugs will be hot!
6) Serve warm-hot.
Tip: This can also be refrigerated for 6 hours to become a chilled dessert during those hot summer days.
Want to share this recipe with your friends? Tweet it out.
Appetizer: Salsa Deviled Eggs with a Fiery Twist
Main Course: Drunken Salmon in 15 minutes
Dessert: Low Fat Silky Eggs in under 15 minutes
Disclaimer: Please view my full disclosure.
Like what you see? Follow me on Google+, GFC and twitter (@CinnyBBS) to get the latest updates. Like us on facebook or join us through Network Blogs. Leave me a comment if you'd like me to follow back on any of these.