Recipe: Drunken Salmon in 15 minutes (Serves: 4-6, Prep Time 5 min, Cook time 10 min)
-~1.5lb of 3/4-1" thick Salmon Slab (frozen or fresh)
-1 can (12 oz) beer
-1/2 of a medium red onion -diced
-2 tsp Garlic Salt
-2 tsp Black Pepper
-2 tsp Chili Powder
1) Prepare the Salmon. You can use fresh or frozen salmon approximately 3/4" to 1" thick. Cut it into portion-sized slabs, leaving the skin on.
2) Brown the diced red onion in a medium frying pan.
3) Pour in the can of beer and let it come to a boil.
4) Slide the salmon into the pan, skin-side down. Sprinkle garlic salt, black pepper and chili powder on the salmon. Lower the heat and allow the salmon to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5) Flip the salmon over and sprinkle garlic salt, black pepper and chili powder onto the newly exposed surface. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6) Plate the salmon and drizzle some of sauce and onions on top.
Tip: The leftover sauce is delicious and does not taste of beer so can be served on the side as extra sauce.
Want to share it with your friends? Tweet it out:
Appetizer: Salsa Deviled Eggs with a Fiery Twist
Main Course: Drunken Salmon in 15 minutes
Dessert: Low Fat Silky Eggs in under 15 minutes
Disclaimer: Please view my full disclosure.
Like what you see? Follow me on Google+, GFC and twitter (@CinnyBBS) to get the latest updates. Like us on facebook or join us through Network Blogs. Leave me a comment if you'd like me to follow back on any of these.